Bus rapid transit route connecting existing T-stops through the following communities: East Boston, Chelsea, Everett, Somerville, Cambridge, Brookline, Roxbury, South Boston.
- 10-15 years
- Not in current Regional Transportation Plan.
- Integration of Assembly Square into Urban Ring
- Access of Somerville to Urban Ring service.
- Mode of transportation (bus rapid transit versus light rail)
- Lack of funding.
- Latest project proposals bypassed Somerville, except for spur to Assembly Square stop.
- Project remains bus rapid transit, not light rail.
- Work for funding.
- Continue advocacy for connection through Assembly Square to north and south.
- Continue advocacy for Somerville access to Urban Ring.
- Continue advocacy for light rail.
- (2/10/10) MEPA review suspended.
- Project narrowed, funding being sought.
- Comment period on Project Change ended August 7, 2009.