Ongoing environmental remediation program required by Federal Court due to pollution of Boston Harbor by sewage being dumped untreated into rivers during storms.
- 1-5 years
- Infrastructure improvements along Somerville Avenue complete.
- Issues raised with wheelchair accessibility of crosswalks.
- Improvements as part of Assembly Square development
- Improvements needed near Union Square and along Alewife Brook.
- Hot spots may be missed.
- Solutions may be inadequate for new development proposals.
- Monitor stormwater at outflows.
- Evaluate proposed mitigation efforts in the light of development proposals.