Mixed-use development associated with Somerville Avenue improvements and proposed Union Square T-Stop.
- 1-10 years
- (11/9/15) Draft Union Square Neighborhood Plan available.
- (5/18/15) US2 initial master plan presented.
- (11/12/14) Union Square Futures web site active.
- (6/26/14) SRA to vote on a candidate for Union Square Master Developer.
- (6/5/14) Feedback from site visits to three of four Union Square Master Developer candidates
- (5/11/14) SRA voted in four candidates proposed by CAC
- (4/8/14) CAC recommended four candidates:
- Abbey Group, Boston
- Federal Realty Investment/National Development
- Gerding Edlen
- US2 Associates
- Integration with Somerville DIF.
- Style of developments.
- Integration with mass transit.
- Neighborhood impact.
- Continued excessive traffic through Union Square.
- Unsustainable neighborhood development proposals.
- Car-oriented developments, not transit-oriented.
- Analyze implications of neighborhood development proposals and respond as necessary.
- Draft Union Square Neighborhood Plan (PDF)
- Union Square Neighborhood Plan (PDF)
- Union Square Zoning Updates
- 1/29/14 Union Square Streetscape Meeting #2
- Somerville Union Square Redevelopment Web Site (including proposals by master developers)
- Members of Union Square Community Advisory Committee
- Union Square Master Developer bidder list (PDF)
- RFQ for Union Square Master Developer (PDF)
- Union Square Zoning Map (PDF)
- Union Square Zoning Ordinance (PDF)
- Mayor Grilled on Union Square Plans
- Union Square Urban Revitalization Plan ENF
- Union Square Revitalization Plan (Final)
- Union Square Revitalization Plan (Overview)
- Union Square Revitalization Plan (Draft)
- Union Square / Boynton Yards Overview
- Union Square Zoning Proposal.
- Union Square Zoning, April 2009 (PDF)
- Somerville Comprehensive Plan Process
- (3/5/14, 3/11/14, 3/18/14) Presentations to Union Square Civic Advisory Committee from possible Union Square Master Developers
- (3/10/14, 3/11/14, 3/13/14) Presentations to Somerville Redevelopment Authority scheduled from possible Union Square Master Developers.
- (2/10/14, 2/19/14) Overview sessions for Union Square Citizens Advisory Committee
- (12/31/13) RFQ and list of possible Union Square Master Developers published.
- (3/15/13 – 4/9/13) Comment period open on Union Square Urban Redevelopment Plan ENF.
- (1/31/13) Public hearing scheduled by SRA for first Union Square property acquisitions.
- Development plans folded into Somerville DIF.
- (10/2/12) Union Square Revitalization Plan approved by BOA.
- (8/25/12) Union Square Revitalization Plan updated. Local opposition voiced to zoning changes.
- (10/18/10) BOA Housing and Community Development Committee takes up Traffic Redesign for Union Square.
- Locally preferred alternative plan presented at 3/1/10 Design Plan meeting.
- Somerville Avenue improvements in construction.
- Rezoning complete.