As part of its budgeting process, the MBTA is trying to make up for a long-term shortfall in revenue.
- Phased in over FY 2012-2013
- (3/28/12) Announced rise in fares and cuts in services.
- (2/28/12) Public meeting on fares and services.
- Amount of service cuts and fare increases for T riders.
- Amount of service cuts and fare increases for commuter rail riders.
- Amount of toll increase for drivers.
- Effect on existing Somerville service.
- Effect on Assembly Square T-Stop and Green Line Extension
- Inadequate financial support by state government.
- Service cuts and far increase for T riders, but no increase for commuter rail riders or tollway drivers. Environmental justice issue.
- Attend meeting and ask for parallel increases in commuter rail fares and tolls and parallel cuts in service.
- STEP Run-Down of the Key Facts
- About the MBTA
- 2009 Non Fare Revenue Report (PDF)
- 2008 Report to the Legislature (PDF)
- Phased in over the rest of FY 2009.
- Public workshops leading up to hearing in October 2009.