Proposed hotel at the corner of Beacon Street and Oxford Street, next to the Red Line right of way.
- 1-2 years
- Controversy developing over lack of contact information on permit applications.
- Located in a good place for transit-oriented development not only connecting to the Red Line, but also to a proposed Green Line extension from Union Square to Porter Square along the south side of Somerville.
- Development may move forward with car orientation.
- Follow the development and advocate for transit orientation.
- Replaces a defunct gas station at the corner of Beacon Street and Oxford Street.
- Described as accessed via car on Beacon Street.
- Little emphasis originally placed on access to the Porter Square Red Line or to use by Harvard visitors.
- Somerville Avenue Reconstruction
- Porter Square Visioning Process
- Somerville Comprehensive Plan Process
- On the docket at the 12/31/09 meeting of the Zoning Board of Appeals.
- Was first before the Zoning Board 1/21/09, with Planning Board conditional approval.