Remilling and resurfacing of Washington Street from New Washington Street to the Boston city line, with improved sidewalks, signage, street markings, and lights.
- 1-2 years
- Project estimated to take 8 months to finish.
- Integration with neighborhood, particularly Brickbottom.
- Integration with Green Line Extension.
- The street upgrades may clash with the nearby proposed Green Line Extension changes.
- Attend meetings and check that Green Line Extension, particularly the Brickbottom stop, has been taken into account.
- Summary of 1/7/10 Meeting.
- The area around I-93 and Route 28 comes under a confusion of city, state, and federal jurisdictions, making improvements difficult to organize.
- This improvement is near the proposed Brickbottom stop on the Green Line Extension.
- (1/7/10) Public hearing on improvements held.