New stop proposed in Assembly Square, between Sullivan Square and Wellington.
- To be finished in 2014.
- (9/2/14) Grand opening ribbon cutting ceremony.
- Quality of connections to Somerville that inhibit use of T-stop
- Quality of connections with Partners Health Care development.
- Funding for Assembly Line T-Stop.
- T-Stop design elements.
- Progress on T-Stop.
- Air pollution in neighborhood.
- Loss of funding due to inattention.
- Convoluted access to IKEA from T-Stop.
- Convoluted connections to the rest of Somerville.
- Continue advocacy for transit funding through Boston MPO and MBTA.
- Advocate for Partners Healthcare access and urban design elements that will help Assembly Square development.
- Assembly Station Project (MBTA Status)
- Draft MBTA Capital Investment Plan FY2013-FY2017 (PDF)
- Assembly Row District Improvement Financing Program
- Assembly Square Change-of-Use Ordinance
- Assembly Square Self-Storage Ordinance (PDF)
- Assembly Square Orange Line 30% Design Meeting Slides
- Background Information and Recommendations for the Design of the Assembly Square T Stop Prepared by Wig Zamore, MVTF and STEP (PDF)
- Comments to EOT on SIP Transit Commitments 2009 Status Report and Draft 2010-2013 TIP and Air Quality Conformity Determination
- Comments to Alderman Rebekah Gewirtz on Assembly Square T-Stop
- STEP Orange Line Overview
- MBTA Assembly Square Project
- Summary of Studies on Particulates from Regional Transportation
- Tufts Community Research Center Air Monitoring Study (PDF)
- Press Release on State and Federal Funding for Assembly Square Infrastructure.
- (11/15/11) Public meeting scheduled after construction contract awarded by MBTA.
- (5/9/11) Orange Line T-Stop enters Ch. 91 review.
- (5/2/11) Assembly Row DIF up for vote in Somerville BOA.
- (5/4/11) Authorization of funding on MassDOT Board agenda.
- (4/4/11) Public meeting scheduled by Somerville Conservation Commission on Order of Conditions for the T-Stop development.
- (3/27/11) Federal funding fell through. State funding depends upon agreement among City, State, and Federal Realty to establish Assembly Square DIF.
- (3/22/11) Public hearing held by Somerville Conservation Commission on Notice of Intent filed by MBTA.
- (9/19/10) Discussions begin on connections to East Somerville via Foley Street near proposed SSG self-storage development.
- (1/23/10) Second head house is now in the 30% design.
- 30% Design Progress public meeting scheduled for 1/12/10.
- Somerville Housing and Community Development Committee is looking into ways to support a second entrance (head house) to the Assembly Square T-Stop.
- Design in progress.