Large apartment development by KSS Realty in area once devoted to light industry. Brownfields cleanup required.
- 1-3 years
- (2/17/11) Public hearing on use of union labor at MaxPac site.
- Provision of local jobs and union labor.
- Possible contamination of the setaside for the Community Path.
- Crime and animal issues during construction.
- Connections between this development and the Lowell Street Green Line T-Stop.
- Relationship between this development and other developments around the new T Stop.
- Somerville already has plenty of residences. Development may crowd out office and small retail producing better tax revenues.
- Development may not mesh well with new Lowell Street T-Stop.
- Attend meetings
- Advocate links with T-stop
- Advocate for alignment with office and small retail around T-stop
- Construction permitting finished.
- Preliminary Master Plan approved April, 2008.
- Special Permit with Site Plan Review (SPSR) approved December 2008.
- Brownfields cleanup loan secured.
- (1/18/11) Petition submitted by 51 citizens asking for public hearing on use of union labor at MaxPac site.
- (1/6/11) Passed Planning Board. Concerns raised about use of union labor.
- (1/23/10) Concerns raised about possible contamination of the Community Path setaside, shots fired, release of animals.
- (1/1/10) Demolition of train tracks on Community Path underway for truck access.