Proposed underground link between MBTA Blue Line and Red Line at Charles Street, improving access to North Shore from Somerville.
- Not scheduled.
- New ENF required if does not begin construction within 5 years.
- Not in current Regional Transportation Plan.
- Required funding.
- Updated design.
- Progress of rest of project
- Continued inconvenient access to North Shore from Somerville.
- Lack of funding.
- Advocate for funding.
- Evaluate proposals.
- Evaluate associated development proposals for sustainability.
- Certificate for Red Line-Blue Line Connector Draft EIR (PDF)
- Draft EIR for Red Line-Blue Line Connector
- Red Line-Blue Line Connector project website
- (12/31/11) Design complete.
- Design underway. FEIR required. Preferred alternative closes Bowdoin Station (now on reduced hours).
- (5/28/10) DEIR Certificate Issued by EEOA.
- (3/31/10) Draft EIR for Red Line-Blue Line Connector issued. FEIR of limited scope required.
- Contract awarded Summer 2009.
- Request for Proposals for environmental reviews and engineering filed 3/27/08.
- Expanded Environmental Notification Form file 9/14/07.
- Required as part of original Ozone TIP mitigation.