Proposal to extend MBTA Commuter Rail service along the Grand Junction Railroad to provide direct service between North and South Station via Somerville, Cambridge, and Brighton.
- Project postponed.
- Effect upon traffic
- Effect upon public health (diesel exhaust)
- Traffic and health impacts
- Deemphasis of Urban Ring,
- Abandonment of downtown connection between North and South Stations.
- Pedestrian path.
- Adapt route to light rail or bus rapid transit instead.
- (11/18/11) Second public meeting scheduled.