Plans to improve Davis Square now that more rapid transit is coming into Somerville.
- 1-5 years
- (4/30/14) Davis Square Streetscape Improvements Open House
- New developments, such as new hotel
- Orientation toward T stop.
- Sustainability and relationship with neighborhood.
- Developments oversized for the neighborhood.
- Developments that interfere with neighborhood access to T.
- Examine plans
- Participate in meetings.
- Office of Strategic Planning and Community Development
- Somerville Commercial District Information
- Davis Square Task Force
- (5/21/13) Somerville by Design – Davis Square crowdsourcing meeting
- (6/2/10) Third Davis Square Visioning Meeting
- (4/28/10) Second Davis Square Visioning Meeting
- (3/3/10) First Davis Square Visioning Meeting
- Increased new development, such as proposed hotel.
- Davis Square economy given big boost in early 1980s when Red Line extended there from Porter. Became “hip” city center by mid 1990s.