Comprehensive development plan being implemented by Somerville Strategic Planning Office.
- 10-30 years
- (11/23/15,12/7/15, 1/11/16, 1/25/16, 2/8/16, 2/22/16, 3/7/16) Zoning overhaul public information meetings scheduled
- (2/10/15) Joint Planning Board / Land Use Committee Hearing scheduled
- (1/20/15) Zoning overhaul public information meeting scheduled
- Balance between tax base and integrity of neighborhoods.
- Development proposals assumed by plan.
- Demographic and trend assumptions.
- Orange Line T-Stop at Assembly Square
- Green Line Extension through Somerville
- Assembly Square Development
- Boynton Yards/Brickbottom Development
- Broadway Redevelopment Project
- Union Square Development
- Somerville Avenue Development
- Health issues along I-93 and McGrath from volatile organic compounds (VOCs).
- Health issues along diesel commuter rail lines from VOCs.
- Conflicts between worthy goals.
- Ignoring demographic changes.
- Ignoring environmental justice issues.
- Short-term, opportunistic thinking.
- Attend meetings and make sure assumptions are clear.
- Make sure direction is transit-oriented.
- Somerville Zoning Overhaul
- Somerville Zoning Ordinance 1/14/15 Working Draft
- Somerville Zoning Update Information Sheet
- Somerville Comprehensive Plan 2010-2030
- 11/14/10 Subcommittee Draft Policies and Actions (PDF)
- SomerVision Meeting Brochure (PDF)
- Mayor Curtatone Welcome Letter to Comprehensive Plan Steering Committee Members (PDF)
- Somerville Strategic Planning Office: Transportation and Infrastructure
- Somerville Strategic Planning Office: Planning and Zoning
- Somerville Strategic Planning Office: Housing Programs and Services
- Somerville Planning Board
- Somerville Zoning Board of Appeals
- (3/30/14) Final comprehensive plan available.
- (11/14/10) Policies and actions based on goals being reviewed across subcommittees.
- (4/18/10) Vision statement finalized. Goals being fleshed out.
- Public visioning meetings to finish January 5 2010. Comprehensive Plan Steering Committee meetings to resume January 12.
- Status review meetings held Sept and Oct. 2009. Public visioning meetings scheduled for Dec. 2009.
- Kickoff meeting held 9/15/09. Issues subcommittees being formed.
- Comprehensive Plan Steering Committee formed and Fall -2009 meetings scheduled.
- Ongoing meetings presenting research and asking for citizen input.