Plan for using HUD Community Development Block Grants (CDBG), HOME Investment Partnership grants, and Emergency Shelter Grants (ESG). Legally required for access to Federal funds.
- 1-5 years
- (5/9/12) One Year Action Plan Public Hearing 2
- (4/25/12) One Year Action Plan Public Hearing 1
- Affordable housing projects:
- (2/18/10) St. Plycarp Rental Phase 1: Low income housing (done 6/09).
- (2/18/10) Proposed St. Polycarp Village Phase 2: Low and medium income housing.
- (2/18/10) Capen Court: Senior housing (due 5/2010).
- Shelter for formerly homeless:
- (2/18/10) 280 Broadway: Proposed Housing for formerly homeless.
- (2/18/10) 75 Cross Street: Housing for formerly homeless.
- Transit-oriented Economic and Community Development:
- (2/18/10) Possible use of HUD funds to sponsor community organizations for each new T-stop.
- (2/18/10) Unspecific on possibility of doing economic development plans for each T-stop.
- Parks and Open Space
- Albion Park (done 12/09)
- Grimmons Park (done 12/09)
- Hodgkins Park (construction)
- New Washington Off Leash Area (construction
- Morse-Kelly Park (design)
- Dickerman Park (design)
- North Street Park (design)
- Quincy Street Park (design)
- East Somerville
- Ineffective use of funds.
- Overconstrained inventiveness.
- Become familiar with existing plans.
- Testify at public meeting.
- HUD Consolidated Plans, Action Plans, and CAPER
- HUD One-Year Action Plan (July 1, 2009 – June 30, 2010) (PDF)
- HUD Final Five Year Consolidated Plan (2008-2013)
- (3/22/12) Public hearing on HUD rehousing grant.
- (9/21/10) Public Hearing on performance of HUD grants scheduled.
- (2/24/10) Draft Consolidated Plan and 1 Year Action Plan Due for Public Review.
- (2/25/10) Requests for Proposals available 8:30 AM at Purchasing Dept. CDBG Program: Bid #10-50 CD, Emergency Shelter: Bid #10-51 CD.
- (3/24/10) Proposals due 11:00 AM.
- (4/1/10) Public Hearing on Action Plan scheduled.
- (4/6/10) Submission to BOA.
- ( 5/14/10) Submission to HUD.
- (2/18/10) Public hearing held. Schedule for plans, hearings, and RFP proposals set.
- (2/9/10) Scheduled 2/18/10 Public Hearing on use of HUD funds.
- In middle of 2010-2013 Five Year Consolidated Plan