Redesign of Sullivan Square area, including T-Stop and proposed elimination of Rutherford Avenue overpass.
- 1-5 years
- (10/18/11) Surface Option presented to accommodate traffic from Assembly Square.
- It is probably desirable to eliminate the Rutherford Avenue overpass to reduce neighborhood impacts.
- Transit access from Somerville.
- Traffic in Somerville.
- Inadequate support for Somerville transit riders.
- Diverting traffic into Somerville.
- Traffic disrupting Broadway and Assembly Square.
- Analyze proposals, continue to advocate for Somerville interests.
- Rutherford Avenue bridge unsafe and now closed.
- (1/1/10) Design project public hearing scheduled for 1/13/10. There have been several such meetings over the past year.
- Design in process, community input being sought.