6/4/14 – 6/19/14 Comment Period on Assembly Square PUD Change for Partners HealthCare Project
Ref.: Application for Modifications to Preliminary Master Plan Approval for Planned Unit Development – Assembly Square (Case: PB 2006-59-R2-05/2014)
Address comments to:
OSPCD, Planning Division
92 Highland Ave.
Somerville MA 02143
Vanasse Hangen Brustlin has issued an updated Assembly Square Planned Unit Development (PUD) for Assembly Row to take in the Partners HealthCare development, which promises to bring 4500 new jobs to Assembly Square.
The current design sets that end of complex in suburban mold. Design chops off view of Boston skyline from river and amputates Assembly Row street grid. Shadows flood adjacent streets.
The Planning Board will take up this matter at its regular meeting, 6/19/14, at 6:00 PM, in the Aldermanic Chambers at City Hall. For more information, see:
- Beat Report: 5/29/14 Design Review Committee Meeting
- Comments on EEA #13989, Notice of Project Change: Assembly Row Revised Program for Partners Healthcare Site
- Amended Preliminary Master Plan (PDF)
- Rendered Site Plans (PDF)
- Somerville Planning Board (Agendas and Minutes | Reports and Decisions)