2/27/14 Somerville Redevelopment Authority Meeting
Thu. Feb. 27 6:15 – 8:15 PM
Somerville City Hall
3rd Fl. Conf. Rm.
93 Highland Ave.
Somerville MA (map)
This is a special meeting of the Somerville Redevelopment Authority, called to replace the 2/20/14 meeting, which could not be held because the meeting was noticed only on the cork board at City Hall and not on the City web site, as required by the new Open Meeting law.
Agenda includes an update on the Everett casino and and update on Union Square. Special meetings are scheduled 3/4/14, 3/5/14, 3/6/14 to hear presentations from development firms.
According to state law, Redevelopment Authorities are empowered to buy and sell property, acquire property through eminent domain, and grant tax concessions. For more information, see:
- Somerville Union Square Redevelopment Web Site (including proposals by master developers)
- Union Square Master Developer bidder list (PDF)
- Members of Union Square Community Advisory Committee
- RFQ for Union Square Master Developer (PDF)
- Union Square Zoning Map (PDF)
- Union Square Zoning Ordinance (PDF)
- Mayor Grilled on Union Square Plans
- Union Square Redevelopment